[vz-dev] Using Volkszaehler with Raspberry Pi

Niranjan Rao niranjanhrao at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 09:28:16 CEST 2015

Hello Sir / Madam,

Couple of days back I started working on volkszaehler engergy meter. I am
trying to log the energy values in Raspberry Pi through IR-USB device.

Below is my python script to print the serial values from the energy meter:

*#!/usr/bin/pythonimport serialimport stringoutput = " "ser =
serial.Serial('/dev/ttyUSB0',300, timeout = 4)ser.write("/?!<0D><0A>")while
True:        print "---"        while output !="":                output =
ser.readline()                print "Meter reading is: "
print output​        output = " "*
When I run the script I i get no values

​
Can you please help me solve this problem.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Niranjan Harekal Rao
Mobile: +4917672642891